Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cause It's One, Two, Three Strikes... That's Pretty Good In a Bowling Game!

Hello everyone!  Couple things to update all my blog hungry readers!

First is the Bowling League that I joined tonight.  So I realized during practice time that I haven't thrown a bowling ball in about a year.  My first ball was a glorious gutterball.  It looked like it was going to be mostly downhill the whole night with that throw.  Until the next three balls were strikes.  Basically, short story short, I got a 617, which is a 206 average.  Not shabby at all for not having bowled in a very long time, yeah?  And another perk of joining a bowling league at Clover Lanes is a free 600 games.  I don't  know how I could possibly use them all, they are good until September, at which point I get 80 free games.  Basically... I'd have to bowl about 10 games a night for 2 months straight.  Not happening, haha.  It is neat though that they give you unlimited bowling for the summer at no extra cost other than the League dues.  Which aren't that bad at all.

Second are some more pictures!  Enjoy!  You can click them all for a larger size.  Ask me if you want the original.


Third, LOST is over!  Yep it ended.  SPOILERS : They all die.  Whoops.  Hope you didn't still want to watch it.  It was good though.  I feel that there are things that they didn't answer, actually many things, like why did they build up Walt and then never even mention him again and why some of the Islanders weren't in the afterlife reunion.  It doesn't really make sense in that aspect.  Maybe they'll wrap things up, I heard there was going to be some sort of additional answer thing.  It'll never really end, haha.


Fourth, well, there is no fourth.  Just bed.  Good night!


Keep the comments and questions coming by the way!  I'll try my best to answer all of them!  =)

4 comments:

  1. Setting the standards high there don't you think! Don't you know that you are supposed to bowl really crummy the first week so your ave. is low, THEN you work up to the big numbers! LOL! You did great that is for sure. I am sure you can pull out 600 games over the summer-it will be just like old times...bowling and bowling and bowling! But really..that is alot of games. You will never need money to bowl again!
    Great pics-the baby geese are so cute! Were you close to them? Or is that zoomed?
    LOST-well I was lost after the first 3 seasons...and finally after the 4th I gave up (I think...see I am still lost even thinking about it all!). I should rent them sometime as I was a faithful watcher almost up to the end!
    Well keep up the great picture taking and hope to see you at home sometime!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby geese... I was closer than I should have been. That day I discovered that parent geese are very protective of their babies and will Hiss, spread their wings, and start to chase you. I didn't actually get attacked... but it was close. Turns out geese aren't the nicest animals. =P

    And yeah, I realize that for the average, but I just want to bowl, don't really care about averages. And there is no way I can bowl that many. I don't think I'll be able to use more than 6 a week, haha. Oh well =P But yeah, definitely won't ever have to pay to bowl there. It's especially useful because I can use them anytime the lanes are open, and they are open 9:00 AM to Midnight.

    And I do plan on continuing to take pictures, I sure do love the camera! I need a wider spread of animals though I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you need a wider spread of animals? Come home and take a picture of your relatives sometime. Ha ha
    Liked the pictures, Mr. D. The one of the geese flying was really great. Where did you find the geese? The others were also well done. You're getting better with each shot. GREAT!
    As for the bowling, I can see where you'll be spending your spare time. You will probably get to be a fixture at Clover Lanes, just as you were at VBC. Nice that they give you the free bowling. Too bad that you can't share them with someone. That's one heck of a lot of games in one summer. Seems like old times for the summer passes you used to get, HUH?
    Glad you're enjoying yourself. Have you seen anyone from U of R? Guess they are mostly gone for the summer, aren't they. But, I'm sure you 're making all new friends now. Seems like you just started at college and now, you're in the real world.
    Take care, Damian and we'll keep in touch.
    GPA

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sometimes use geese in place of watchdogs so geese are very mean. You got great shots. Brave guy! Oh, that's right, you didn't know how mean they were,lol. Love reading your blog & seeing the pictures.
    Love,Gr.M

    ReplyDelete