Thursday, September 16, 2010

Three Months Later

Has it really been three months since my last post?  I suppose it has.  My, how the time goes.


A lot has happened in the last three months.  I think.  To be honest it sort of just meshes together after a while.  Not to say things aren't going well, because they certainly are.  I actually really like where I am in life right now.  My contract with SungardHE is going to turn into a full time job, and I'll probably be in Rochester for another year or so, until Marissa and I decide where to go from here.

Everything is going well in the relationship department as well.  I don't think I could love anyone more than I do Marissa, she's everything that I could have ever hoped for, and she just makes me happy.  It's her last year as an undergrad in college, with possible intent to go to grad school.  No matter what, I support anything she wants to do with her life.  I just know that I've personally had enough school for now, haha.  Not that an education isn't important, but I've never been more happy doing anything than actually working.  No homework, no tests, no bullshit.  


My job is going great.  Since my early postings I've since picked up a couple dozen schools, and with the restructuring of the SungardHE system, I'll be getting a dozen more in the following weeks.  It's gotten to a point where I'm familiar with most of my schools and it just becomes a matter of helping people out with little stress on my end.  Not to say it's not fast paced and crazy at times; it definitely is.  But every once and a while you get these calls from people that really make you feel good, like you've helped someone complete something that they had little confidence that they could do or were at the end of their proverbial rope.  It's these calls that push you on and keep the job rewarding.  The people there are great too.  My shifts have evolved into mostly evening / night shifts, and I feel more at home with these people than I ever thought I could have.  Sometimes I forget I've only known some of the people there for a few months, and some even a few weeks, but none of it matters when you can talk to them about anything.  My life seems to do that, every stage I go through I gather friends, and at the end of that stage, most of them seem to disappear with distance.  The ones that are left are the people worth talking to, in my opinion, and I know that when I leave SungardHE eventually there will be people I miss talking to.  But that is neither here nor now.

Lately I've been in a habit of getting up at 11:00 AM and going to bed at 4:00 AM / 5:00 AM.  It's what I've always been told I can't do when I grow up.  Guess what.  This past week I've watched the first two seasons of Dexter.  If you want to watch a good, reasonable number of episodes, and compelling show, I highly suggest it.  It's messed up, suspenseful, and probably the best series I've seen in terms of actual concept and quality.  I'm still a fan of Supernatural, but fighting demons and killing monsters is something comparable not on a level of something more realistic.  I've also been watching a lot of Digimon, an animated show that was around when I was a kid about Digital Monsters.  Never going to grow out of that either.  In fact, Pokemon Black and White version, the 5th generation of Pokemon games, bringing the total to at least 644 Pokemon in all, come out September 18th.  I'm going to play the Japanese one, at least try, until the English one comes out in 2011.


Let's see... what else.  Photography, I suppose.  I got 3rd Place in the Seneca Park Zoo Photo Competition, and my picture is going to be in their calendar.  That's exciting I suppose.  If I actually knew there was a photo competition days before the submissions were due I actually could have tried to get pictures of the animals that were valid submissions, instead I had to sift through the few that I had taken weeks prior to the discovery of said competition.  In either case, I was excited to win something for my Photography.

So comes the conclusion of this post.  I wish I could tell you when I'll next post, but honestly, I have no idea.  This is the part where I'd tell you I'll post on a regular schedule, but I'd rather just omit that and not let anyone down.  Just check back time to time, I'll write again.  In the mean time, think of things to ask me or anything you want to know and post it in the comment section.  Talk to you all later.


~ Damian

No comments:

Post a Comment